Police: Serial bandit behind bars
November 17, 2010 (WPVI) -- A suspected serial robber is behind bars and Lehigh Valley business owners are breathing a collective sigh of relief.
Authorities charged 31-year-old Philome Cesar with as many as 25 armed robberies. One in Quakertown, one in Whitehall Township, three in Upper Macungie, five in South Whitehall Township, six in Bethlehem, and eight in Allentown.
Officials say Cesar robbed dozens of businesses, including hotels and gas stations.
Cesar's bail has been set at $500,000.
pennsylvania, bucks county, lehigh county, allentown, quakertown, robbery, crime
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport 10 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 16 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends 28 min ago