Police: Groping suspect description similar to others
SPRING GARDEN - December 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- There are new concerns of a serial attacker at work in in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia.
Police say a woman was groped and manhandled by a stranger at 9:00 p.m. at 17th Street and Fairmount Avenue. She was assaulted in a parking lot getting out of a car as she was about to walk into her apartment building.
Police say the man came up and pushed her against the wall and indecently assaulted her.
She struggled and he fled on foot.
Officials say the suspect has a similar description as the suspect in recent assaults.
Two occurred this past Thursday night within just minutes of one another. One woman was groped while trying to get a cab at 16th and Spring Garden streets; the other was assaulted at 15th and Green streets.
There was also a similar attack in October.
Special Victims are investigating.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, spring garden, assault, crime
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 19 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital