Police: Groping suspect description similar to others
SPRING GARDEN - December 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- There are new concerns of a serial attacker at work in in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia.
Police say a woman was groped and manhandled by a stranger at 9:00 p.m. at 17th Street and Fairmount Avenue. She was assaulted in a parking lot getting out of a car as she was about to walk into her apartment building.
Police say the man came up and pushed her against the wall and indecently assaulted her.
She struggled and he fled on foot.
Officials say the suspect has a similar description as the suspect in recent assaults.
Two occurred this past Thursday night within just minutes of one another. One woman was groped while trying to get a cab at 16th and Spring Garden streets; the other was assaulted at 15th and Green streets.
There was also a similar attack in October.
Special Victims are investigating.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, spring garden, assault, crime
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load