Maryland escaped prisoner caught in Germantown
OLNEY - December 12, 2010 (WPVI) -- Action News was exclusively on the scene as police escorted Kevin Talley in handcuffs into Northwest Detectives Headquarters.
The 22-year-old was captured on the 100 block of West Chelten Avenue at around 7:00 p.m.
Maryland State Police were on the hunt for Talley since Saturday night when they say he assaulted a guard at a pre-release correction unit in Baltimore and fled in a vehicle.
Investigators soon learned Talley was at his aunt's home on the 4700 block of Wayne Avenue in Germantown.
With the assistance of Philadelphia Police, authorities moved in.
Several blocks were shut down by police after detectives received reports Talley may have been armed with a gun.
He was captured a short time later a few blocks away.
Maryland State Police say Talley has been serving time for attempted murder and handgun convictions.
Investigators say Talley isn't talking. Authorities are working to obtain finger prints to positively ID Talley and then he will be sent back to Maryland.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, maryland, prison escape, crime, chad pradelli
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 39 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 9 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 43 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
36 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
9 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
39 min ago
- Pranksters fake kidnapping of little boy
34 min ago