1 dead, 1 critical in Northern Liberties stabbings
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - January 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- A double stabbing has left one man dead and another man in critical condition.
The incident took place in two different intersections in Northern Liberties.
At around 6:00 p.m., at 7th and Brown streets, police found a 56-year-old man lying dead on the street. He had been stabbed in the stomach.
Around the corner, at 8th Street and Fairmount Avenue, a 31-year-old man was discovered stabbed in the neck.
He was rushed by medics to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment.
At this time, the suspect remains at large.
There is no word on a motive for the attacks.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, stabbing, northern liberties, crime
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies