Police arrest 2 after wild ATV chase in Philly
PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have apprehended two suspects and are looking for a third after a wild stolen ATV chase through streets, parkland, and railroad tracks in at least three neighborhoods.
It all began shortly after 9:00 p.m. when police received a report of a stolen all-terrain vehicle in the area of Fifth Street and Susquehanna Avenue in North Philadelphia.
Police cruisers and helicopters followed the ATV as it kept on moving.
The ATV driver went up Fifth Street towards northbound Roosevelt Boulevard, then into Tacony Creek Park near Roosevelt Boulevard and Ashdale Street.
From there, the suspects drove north along the banks of Tacony Creek towards the Montgomery County border, before returning to the city along SEPTA railroad tracks.
Driving back and forth along the tracks, the stolen vehicle went through Olney and Logan, eventually moving towards the Wayne Junction Train Station.
As the ATV driver attempted to go back towards Broad Street via railroad tracks, police were able to apprehend two of the suspects along the track near 15th Street and Windrim Avenue.
The pursuit lasted less than an hour.
Police continue searching for the third suspect.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, olney, feltonville, logan, police chase, theft, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 4 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 38 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 46 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
38 min ago