Police arrest 2 after wild ATV chase in Philly
PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have apprehended two suspects and are looking for a third after a wild stolen ATV chase through streets, parkland, and railroad tracks in at least three neighborhoods.
It all began shortly after 9:00 p.m. when police received a report of a stolen all-terrain vehicle in the area of Fifth Street and Susquehanna Avenue in North Philadelphia.
Police cruisers and helicopters followed the ATV as it kept on moving.
The ATV driver went up Fifth Street towards northbound Roosevelt Boulevard, then into Tacony Creek Park near Roosevelt Boulevard and Ashdale Street.
From there, the suspects drove north along the banks of Tacony Creek towards the Montgomery County border, before returning to the city along SEPTA railroad tracks.
Driving back and forth along the tracks, the stolen vehicle went through Olney and Logan, eventually moving towards the Wayne Junction Train Station.
As the ATV driver attempted to go back towards Broad Street via railroad tracks, police were able to apprehend two of the suspects along the track near 15th Street and Windrim Avenue.
The pursuit lasted less than an hour.
Police continue searching for the third suspect.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, olney, feltonville, logan, police chase, theft, crime
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 3 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 3 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 14 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos