Police arrest 2 after wild ATV chase in Philly
PHILADELPHIA - January 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have apprehended two suspects and are looking for a third after a wild stolen ATV chase through streets, parkland, and railroad tracks in at least three neighborhoods.
It all began shortly after 9:00 p.m. when police received a report of a stolen all-terrain vehicle in the area of Fifth Street and Susquehanna Avenue in North Philadelphia.
Police cruisers and helicopters followed the ATV as it kept on moving.
The ATV driver went up Fifth Street towards northbound Roosevelt Boulevard, then into Tacony Creek Park near Roosevelt Boulevard and Ashdale Street.
From there, the suspects drove north along the banks of Tacony Creek towards the Montgomery County border, before returning to the city along SEPTA railroad tracks.
Driving back and forth along the tracks, the stolen vehicle went through Olney and Logan, eventually moving towards the Wayne Junction Train Station.
As the ATV driver attempted to go back towards Broad Street via railroad tracks, police were able to apprehend two of the suspects along the track near 15th Street and Windrim Avenue.
The pursuit lasted less than an hour.
Police continue searching for the third suspect.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, olney, feltonville, logan, police chase, theft, crime
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ