Police chase ends in crash, man hurt
OVERBROOK - February 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- A police chase that started in Delaware County came to a violent end in Philadelphia.
A jeep crashed into a pole and flipped over at Lansdowne Avenue near Haverford Avenue in Overbrook, around three o'clock Saturday morning.
The man driving the jeep was critically injured, and rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Philadelphia Police tell Action News that Delaware County police attempted to stop the Jeep in Haverford and Upper Darby.
Police have not said why the driver was wanted.
pennsylvania, haverford township, overbrook, police chase, crime
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 30 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 7 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
7 min ago