Police chase ends in crash, man hurt
OVERBROOK - February 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- A police chase that started in Delaware County came to a violent end in Philadelphia.
A jeep crashed into a pole and flipped over at Lansdowne Avenue near Haverford Avenue in Overbrook, around three o'clock Saturday morning.
The man driving the jeep was critically injured, and rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Philadelphia Police tell Action News that Delaware County police attempted to stop the Jeep in Haverford and Upper Darby.
Police have not said why the driver was wanted.
pennsylvania, haverford township, overbrook, police chase, crime
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 6 min ago
- Easter Sunshine 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 1 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious' 11 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
6 min ago
- Easter Sunshine
54 min ago