Pa. woman sentenced in $3M theft from Citigroup
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - February 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware's U.S. Attorney says a Pennsylvania woman has been sentenced to four years in prison for a plot to steal $3.4 million from Citigroup.
Twenty-eight-year-old Carin Seals of Leola, Pa., was sentenced Monday. She had pleaded guilty in July 2009 to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
Prosecutors say Seals worked in a Citigroup department in New Castle. Authorities say Seals conspired with two men to send $2.9 million to their accounts, and arranged with others to send nearly half a million dollars to a company.
delaware, theft, pennsylvania, Citigroup, crime
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident 10 min ago
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend