Pa. woman sentenced in $3M theft from Citigroup
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - February 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware's U.S. Attorney says a Pennsylvania woman has been sentenced to four years in prison for a plot to steal $3.4 million from Citigroup.
Twenty-eight-year-old Carin Seals of Leola, Pa., was sentenced Monday. She had pleaded guilty in July 2009 to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
Prosecutors say Seals worked in a Citigroup department in New Castle. Authorities say Seals conspired with two men to send $2.9 million to their accounts, and arranged with others to send nearly half a million dollars to a company.
delaware, theft, pennsylvania, Citigroup, crime
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 13 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 43 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 24 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish