Pa. woman sentenced in $3M theft from Citigroup
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - February 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware's U.S. Attorney says a Pennsylvania woman has been sentenced to four years in prison for a plot to steal $3.4 million from Citigroup.
Twenty-eight-year-old Carin Seals of Leola, Pa., was sentenced Monday. She had pleaded guilty in July 2009 to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
Prosecutors say Seals worked in a Citigroup department in New Castle. Authorities say Seals conspired with two men to send $2.9 million to their accounts, and arranged with others to send nearly half a million dollars to a company.
delaware, theft, pennsylvania, Citigroup, crime
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 27 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 3 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
27 min ago