Attempted luring cases reported in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have issued a warning about a woman trying to lure children in Torresdale.
Two instances have been reported in the past two weeks. Each one occurred near the 3500 block of Academy Road.
In each case, a woman driving a red car asked children to let her drive them home as they walked home from schools in the area.
The kids refused in both instances and told their parents who then called police.
The driver is described as a white woman with dark or short hair.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, luring, torresdale, crime
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 45 min ago
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos