Attempted luring cases reported in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have issued a warning about a woman trying to lure children in Torresdale.
Two instances have been reported in the past two weeks. Each one occurred near the 3500 block of Academy Road.
In each case, a woman driving a red car asked children to let her drive them home as they walked home from schools in the area.
The kids refused in both instances and told their parents who then called police.
The driver is described as a white woman with dark or short hair.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, luring, torresdale, crime
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 27 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 9 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
22 min ago