Attempted luring cases reported in Torresdale
TORRESDALE - February 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have issued a warning about a woman trying to lure children in Torresdale.
Two instances have been reported in the past two weeks. Each one occurred near the 3500 block of Academy Road.
In each case, a woman driving a red car asked children to let her drive them home as they walked home from schools in the area.
The kids refused in both instances and told their parents who then called police.
The driver is described as a white woman with dark or short hair.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, luring, torresdale, crime
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees