Del. man charged with 5th DUI after 2 crashes
MAGNOLIA, Del. - February 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man is under arrest after, police say, he was involved in two vehicle crashes while under the influence.
Investigators say 42-year-old Billy J. England of Felton struck a car at a stop sign at the intersection of Millchop Lane and Peachtree Run in Magnolia just before 5:00 p.m. on Thursday.
After the crash, police say England fled the scene in his pickup truck.
The driver of the car that was hit gave police a description of the striking vehicle and police located it in the nearby neighborhood of Meadowbrook Acres.
An officer approached the damaged pickup and that's when, police say, England put the truck in reverse and rammed the police cruiser.
England was then arrested and charged with his 5th DUI offense and other charges.
delaware, kent county, DUI, accident, crime
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 19 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos