Domestic dispute leads to child porn arrest
NEW CASTLE, Del. - February 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- A domestic dispute call ended with police arresting a man on child pornography charges.
It all began on the afternoon on January 31st when New Castle County Police were called to the 100 block of Louise Road in the Chelsea Estates community for a domestic dispute.
When officers arrived they began investigating the complaint and, at some point, it was alleged that Helfried Alberer had child porn on his computer.
Detectives obtained a search warrant for the home and the computer was examined by the Tech Crimes Squad, which uncovered evidence of child pornography.
On Thursday, Alberer was taken into custody at New Castle County Police headquarters.
Alberer was charged with seven counts of possession of child pornography.
He was arraigned and held after failing to post $10,500 cash bond.
delaware, new castle county, child porn, crime
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years 59 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall