3 men claim abuse from Trenton priest
LITTLE EGG HARBOR, N.J. - February 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Three men are claiming they were molested by a priest in the Trenton diocese.
Today, in Little Egg Harbor, they said an allegation of sexual abuse filed years ago against father Terence McAlinden is not the only one.
The diocese confirms that McAlinden was removed from his ministry duties in 2007.
Today, three men came forward claiming they, too, were sexually abused as youngsters by "Father Mac".
"Later that night, when he returned, that's when the abuse occurred in a place that I thought was totally safe, the priest home, the rectory. It was that night in his room that my innocence, my trust in the Catholic Church and priests overall was taken away," former altar boy Robert Markulic said.
The diocese issued a statement today saying the new allegations will be investigated, and if warranted, Father McAlinden could be removed from the priesthood.
new jersey, little egg harbor, church abuse, crime
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 21 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests