3 men claim abuse from Trenton priest
LITTLE EGG HARBOR, N.J. - February 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Three men are claiming they were molested by a priest in the Trenton diocese.
Today, in Little Egg Harbor, they said an allegation of sexual abuse filed years ago against father Terence McAlinden is not the only one.
The diocese confirms that McAlinden was removed from his ministry duties in 2007.
Today, three men came forward claiming they, too, were sexually abused as youngsters by "Father Mac".
"Later that night, when he returned, that's when the abuse occurred in a place that I thought was totally safe, the priest home, the rectory. It was that night in his room that my innocence, my trust in the Catholic Church and priests overall was taken away," former altar boy Robert Markulic said.
The diocese issued a statement today saying the new allegations will be investigated, and if warranted, Father McAlinden could be removed from the priesthood.
new jersey, little egg harbor, church abuse, crime
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 51 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 50 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos