DA: 3 Pa. officers justified in firing at car
COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) - march 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Chester County's district attorney says three police officers were justified when they shot and injured two men inside a car that accelerated at them during an early-morning traffic stop.
District Attorney Joseph Carroll says the shooting happened around 1:30 a.m. Friday in Coatesville, about 30 miles west of Philadelphia.
Authorities say the officers approached the vehicle, which was not running and had its lights off, and then spotted two occupants huddled down in the front seat. Carroll says the officers identified themselves and the car accelerated toward them, prompting the officers to fire.
One person in the car was treated and released for a leg wound. Another person in the car suffered wounds to the head and torso and is in critical but stable condition.
pennsylvania, coatesville, police chase, shooting, crime
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 55 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 56 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 59 min ago
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 15 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
58 min ago