DA: 3 Pa. officers justified in firing at car
COATESVILLE, Pa. (AP) - march 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Chester County's district attorney says three police officers were justified when they shot and injured two men inside a car that accelerated at them during an early-morning traffic stop.
District Attorney Joseph Carroll says the shooting happened around 1:30 a.m. Friday in Coatesville, about 30 miles west of Philadelphia.
Authorities say the officers approached the vehicle, which was not running and had its lights off, and then spotted two occupants huddled down in the front seat. Carroll says the officers identified themselves and the car accelerated toward them, prompting the officers to fire.
One person in the car was treated and released for a leg wound. Another person in the car suffered wounds to the head and torso and is in critical but stable condition.
pennsylvania, coatesville, police chase, shooting, crime
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1