Former Del. police officer charged with rape
LAUREL, Del. - February 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a former Laurel police officer has been charged with raping a woman several years ago.
Delaware State Police said 32-year-old Kevin Hovatter was arrested following an investigation prompted by an anonymous tip.
Investigators said Hovatter met the victim, now 28, after a domestic incident between her and her boyfriend and touched her inappropriately at the police station.
The victim met with Hovatter over the next two years for fear of being arrested, and Hovatter allegedly committed inappropriate acts with her during those meetings.
Hovatter was indicted Monday on charges of rape and sexual extortion and was being held on $40,000 secured bond.
Hovatter was charged in 2006 with raping a woman after making a traffic stop. He has been a registered sex offender since 2007.
delaware, sussex county, rape, crime
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia
- Clouds to sun, cool today 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 39 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 47 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 50 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
43 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
40 min ago