Former Del. police officer charged with rape
LAUREL, Del. - February 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a former Laurel police officer has been charged with raping a woman several years ago.
Delaware State Police said 32-year-old Kevin Hovatter was arrested following an investigation prompted by an anonymous tip.
Investigators said Hovatter met the victim, now 28, after a domestic incident between her and her boyfriend and touched her inappropriately at the police station.
The victim met with Hovatter over the next two years for fear of being arrested, and Hovatter allegedly committed inappropriate acts with her during those meetings.
Hovatter was indicted Monday on charges of rape and sexual extortion and was being held on $40,000 secured bond.
Hovatter was charged in 2006 with raping a woman after making a traffic stop. He has been a registered sex offender since 2007.
delaware, sussex county, rape, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 12 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 29 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar