Del. rape suspect arrested in Md.
GEORGETOWN, Del. - March 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a man charged with 64 counts of rape in the alleged sexual abuse of a teenager has been arrested in Maryland.
Troopers say 38-year-old Lorne Kennedy surrendered to the Caroline County Sheriff's Department on Monday. He is awaiting extradition to Delaware.
Authorities say Kennedy is charged in the abuse of a teenager that allegedly began when the girl was 14. Troopers say the relationship lasted 21 months.
Kennedy is charged with fourth-degree rape and continuous sexual abuse of a child.
delaware, sussex county, rape, crime
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos