Counselor sentenced 2 to 5 years in autistic man's death
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - March 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County woman has been sentenced in the death of an autistic man's death.
Stacey Strauss has been sentenced to two to five years in prison and five years probation.
Strauss, 41, pleaded guilty to neglect of a dependent care person, involuntary manslaugther, and reckless endangerment.
20-year-old Bryan Nevins died after returning from Sesame Place on July 24, 2010.
Strauss was a counselor for Woods Services at the time.
Prosecutors said she made dozens of phone calls and text messages while Nevins sat for hours in a sweltering van.
Strauss testified that she didn't know she had to watch Nevins.
pennsylvania, bucks county, sentencing, crime
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 17 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student 1 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 49 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student
1 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
17 min ago