University of Delaware student robbed while jogging
March 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark, Delaware are investigating the armed robbery of a University of Delaware student.
According to investigators, at approximately 7:35 p.m. Friday, the 21-year-old student was out jogging when he was confronted on South Chapel Street near Ashley Road.
The victim was jogging southbound when a man stepped out from behind bushes, displayed a gun and removed the victim's iPod.
The suspect was last seen walking north on South Chapel Road toward Wyoming Road.
The victim was not injured.
The suspect is describe as a black male, 21 to 29-years-old, 5'6" to 5'9", average build, unshaven with short black hair. He was wearing an orange full zip hooded sweatshirt, chain necklace and baggy blue jeans. The weapon is described as a silver handgun with a black handgrip.
Anyone with additional information about this incident should contact police at 302-366-7110 ext. 132. You can send an anonymous text message tip by texting 302NPD and your message to TIP411. Information can also be provided anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com where a reward may be available.
robbery, university of delaware, newark, delaware, crime
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 26 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint 4 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
26 min ago