Del. man charged in dozens of home burglaries
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - March 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have charged a Rehoboth Beach man with more than 200 offenses in dozens of home burglaries over a year's time.
Thirty-four-year-old Dru Smith was arrested March 3 after troopers linked him to several burglaries. On March 11, he was charged with dozens more crimes and was ordered held on $333,500 secured bond.
Authorities say Smith broke into homes in Rehoboth Beach by forcing locked doors and windows open. They say he stole electronics, cash, firearms and prescription medications.
delaware, rehoboth beach, burglary, crime
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 32 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 45 min ago