Del. man charged in dozens of home burglaries
REHOBOTH BEACH, Del. - March 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have charged a Rehoboth Beach man with more than 200 offenses in dozens of home burglaries over a year's time.
Thirty-four-year-old Dru Smith was arrested March 3 after troopers linked him to several burglaries. On March 11, he was charged with dozens more crimes and was ordered held on $333,500 secured bond.
Authorities say Smith broke into homes in Rehoboth Beach by forcing locked doors and windows open. They say he stole electronics, cash, firearms and prescription medications.
delaware, rehoboth beach, burglary, crime
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 20 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 11 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted 39 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?