Escaped prisoner back in custody in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - March 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a handcuffed prisoner somehow escaped from custody in downtown Philadelphia.
Police say the 21-year-old Hispanic man ran from a warrant unit van Wednesday evening. Authorities say he'd been picked up for dealing drugs.
On Thursday night, police assigned to the burglary detail team spotted the man's car along the 100 block of East Indiana Avenue.
They sat up surveillance and when the man came back to get his car, police apprehended him at Stella and Ella streets after a brief foot chase.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prison escape, illegal drugs, philadelphia, pennsylvania, center city, crime
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Temps soar above normal
31 min ago