Escaped prisoner back in custody in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - March 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a handcuffed prisoner somehow escaped from custody in downtown Philadelphia.
Police say the 21-year-old Hispanic man ran from a warrant unit van Wednesday evening. Authorities say he'd been picked up for dealing drugs.
On Thursday night, police assigned to the burglary detail team spotted the man's car along the 100 block of East Indiana Avenue.
They sat up surveillance and when the man came back to get his car, police apprehended him at Stella and Ella streets after a brief foot chase.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
prison escape, illegal drugs, philadelphia, pennsylvania, center city, crime
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 14 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
14 min ago