1 dead in West Kensington shooting
WEST KENSINGTON - March 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Gunfire in West Kensington cost a man his life Thursday night.
Police responded to a report of shots fired on the 3300 block of North Phillip Street shortly after 9:00 p.m.
Officers found a man on the road suffering from a gunshot wound to the head.
Responding medics tried to revive the man, but it was to no avail.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are searching for the shooter.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west kensington, shooting, crime
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 31 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 6 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball