1 dead in West Kensington shooting
WEST KENSINGTON - March 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Gunfire in West Kensington cost a man his life Thursday night.
Police responded to a report of shots fired on the 3300 block of North Phillip Street shortly after 9:00 p.m.
Officers found a man on the road suffering from a gunshot wound to the head.
Responding medics tried to revive the man, but it was to no avail.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are searching for the shooter.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west kensington, shooting, crime
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 51 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
51 min ago