Coatesville Police search for shooting suspect
COATESVILLE, Pa. - April 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Coatesville Police have released a photo of the man wanted in the triple shooting homicide in Coatesville on Friday.
Coatesville City Police issued a warrant for the arrest of Joel C. Kennedy on Saturday, on charges of Criminal Homicide, Murder and related offenses for the shooting death of James D. Morton-Bookman.
Kennedy is also believed to be responsible for the shooting of 19 year old Kadeem Dijon Morales, who was shot in the leg, and Jerisha Short-Pernsley who was shot in the hand. Both are expected to make a full recovery.
Police responded to a report of multiple shots fired in the area of Ash Park Apartments in Coatesville around 2:00pm Friday afternoon.
Bookman was pronounced dead upon arrival at Brandywine Hospital.
Police say Joel C. Kennedy is to be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Joel C. Kennedy is asked to dial 911, or contact the Coatesville Police Department at (610)-384-2300, to report his location.
Coatesville City Police Department, 610-384-2300
Chester County Detectives, 610-344-6866
coatesville, pennsylvania, homicide, shooting, crime
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 11 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 13 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos