Coatesville Police search for shooting suspect
COATESVILLE, Pa. - April 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Coatesville Police have released a photo of the man wanted in the triple shooting homicide in Coatesville on Friday.
Coatesville City Police issued a warrant for the arrest of Joel C. Kennedy on Saturday, on charges of Criminal Homicide, Murder and related offenses for the shooting death of James D. Morton-Bookman.
Kennedy is also believed to be responsible for the shooting of 19 year old Kadeem Dijon Morales, who was shot in the leg, and Jerisha Short-Pernsley who was shot in the hand. Both are expected to make a full recovery.
Police responded to a report of multiple shots fired in the area of Ash Park Apartments in Coatesville around 2:00pm Friday afternoon.
Bookman was pronounced dead upon arrival at Brandywine Hospital.
Police say Joel C. Kennedy is to be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Joel C. Kennedy is asked to dial 911, or contact the Coatesville Police Department at (610)-384-2300, to report his location.
Coatesville City Police Department, 610-384-2300
Chester County Detectives, 610-344-6866
coatesville, pennsylvania, homicide, shooting, crime
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ