Man, 68, ordered away from schools in N.J.
LAWRENCE, NJ - April 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Forced to remove his hat in municipal court, 68-year-old Tony Kadyhrob of Lawrence, New Jersey, struggled with his hair, which stuck out wildly during his appearance on felony attempted luring charges. Kadyhrob is accused of grabbing a 19-year-old Rider University student by the arm last Monday in a campus parking lot and trying to force her into his car. She got away unharmed.
When Kadyhrob was asked after the hearing why he tried to grab the girl, he replied, "There was no grabbing, come on, give me a break."
Word of the incident was spreading on the Rider University campus.
"We all park out here and we walk by ourselves," said student Catherine Wood. "It's scary to think that somebody's out there."
Colleges statewide have been alerted about Kadyhrob who was also kicked off the College of New Jersey campus last week. Today he was ordered by a judge to get a psychological evaluation by next week and forbidden to set foot on any school property in New Jersey or face having his $2,500 bail revoked.
"If he is seen at any time for any reason he' subject to arrest for trespassing," according to Dan Higgins, a Rider University spokesman.
After the parking lot incident and having his picture circulated, a number of students remembered seeing Kadyhrob on campus in places like the cafeteria.
"His demeanor and the way that he looked was kind of creepy," said Victoria Pindar who remembered seeing Kadyhrob at least 3 times, dressed strangely for a man his age, sitting in the cafeteria drinking coffee and staring. "I happen to just look up and I saw him looking at me and so when I was with her and I saw the picture I was like, 'No way!'"
"An old guy who looks like a stereotypical creeper, yeah he stands out like a sore thumb," added student Mike Lovett
Kadyhrob, who's due back in court next week, told the judge he is 110% innocent and has nothing to hide.
new jersey, school, abduction, crime, nora muchanic
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ