State trooper charged with stalking woman
FRANKFORD, Del. - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Delaware State Police trooper is accused of stalking a woman for more than a month.
Ryan J. Mitchell, 36, of Frankford, was arrested on Thursday night.
Investigators say Mitchell repeatedly called, emailed and sent letters to a 38-year-old Sussex County woman.
The emails, dated February 27th through April 5th, were sent to the woman's workplace, police said.
The messages allegedly made unwelcome comments about the woman's appearance and Mitchell's feelings for her.
As the investigation continued, police say Mitchell was placed on suspension and advised not to contact the victim. However, police said, Mitchell continued emailing the woman.
Mitchell has been charged with one count of felony stalking.
He was arraigned and released on $500 unsecured bond.
Mitchell is a 15 year veteran of the state police and is assigned to Troop 4 in Georgetown. He is the Sergeant/supervisor of the Major Crimes Division and was responsible for overseeing detectives investigating Robberies, Serious Assaults and additional crimes against persons.
delaware, sussex county, stalking, crime
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 51 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 37 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 53 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos