State trooper charged with stalking woman
FRANKFORD, Del. - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Delaware State Police trooper is accused of stalking a woman for more than a month.
Ryan J. Mitchell, 36, of Frankford, was arrested on Thursday night.
Investigators say Mitchell repeatedly called, emailed and sent letters to a 38-year-old Sussex County woman.
The emails, dated February 27th through April 5th, were sent to the woman's workplace, police said.
The messages allegedly made unwelcome comments about the woman's appearance and Mitchell's feelings for her.
As the investigation continued, police say Mitchell was placed on suspension and advised not to contact the victim. However, police said, Mitchell continued emailing the woman.
Mitchell has been charged with one count of felony stalking.
He was arraigned and released on $500 unsecured bond.
Mitchell is a 15 year veteran of the state police and is assigned to Troop 4 in Georgetown. He is the Sergeant/supervisor of the Major Crimes Division and was responsible for overseeing detectives investigating Robberies, Serious Assaults and additional crimes against persons.
delaware, sussex county, stalking, crime
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect 36 min ago
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 30 min ago
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list