SPCA bust large dog fighting ring in S. Phila.
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the SPCA has busted a large dog fighting ring in South Philadelphia.
Officials say the bust took place on the 2600 block of Gerritt Street.
SPCA says that this location has been under surveillance for a while.
Officials say this is being regarded as one of the largest dog fighting rings the SPCA has ever busted.
Numerous people have been taken under arrest.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, south philadelphia, dog fighting, crime
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 30 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 23 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act