SPCA bust large dog fighting ring in S. Phila.
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the SPCA has busted a large dog fighting ring in South Philadelphia.
Officials say the bust took place on the 2600 block of Gerritt Street.
SPCA says that this location has been under surveillance for a while.
Officials say this is being regarded as one of the largest dog fighting rings the SPCA has ever busted.
Numerous people have been taken under arrest.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, south philadelphia, dog fighting, crime
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 4 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 6 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 48 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 41 min ago