Lasalle professor investigated for stripper class
OLNEY - April 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Lasalle university professor is in hot water for conducting a classroom symposium that allegedly included lap dances.
It happened last month at the Lasalle University branch campus in Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
Business professor Jack Rappaport allegedly spiced up his symposium with three strippers. Students who were there say it wasn't exactly the naked truth about business.
"They were just dancing around the room," said junior Louis Halegoua. "I mean, they had clothes on and stuff."
But one of them apparently got a little too hot for the teacher.
"I don't know, just kind of laying on top of him. Not laying on top of him but straddling him. It was like a lap dance you could say," said sophomore Brad Bernardino.
And at that moment, Business School Dean Paul Brazina just happened to be passing by.
"We didn't see him. He was, like, at the door. And he was like, 'It's over,'" said Halegoua.
The students say it was supposed to be a class on business ethics. They say Rappaport charged $150 for the extra-credit symposium, and pitched it to all his classes.
"I thought he was joking, really. I never thought it was actually going to happen. But, apparently it actually happened. And now we're here," said senior Frazier Smith.
The University has issued a statement saying, in part, "Until the investigation is completed, it would be unfair to those involved to disclose any further information, let alone suspicions or allegations."
The incident has caused quite a stir on campus.
"I don't think bringing in strippers is like right for a Catholic Christian school," freshman Rachel Sweeney told Action News.
Action News spoke with Professor Rappaport at his apartment just off campus. He says he'd like to give us his side of the story, but can't comment until the university wraps up its investigation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, education, pornography, sex, college, olney, crime, david henry
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 21 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos