Lasalle professor investigated for stripper class
OLNEY - April 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Lasalle university professor is in hot water for conducting a classroom symposium that allegedly included lap dances.
It happened last month at the Lasalle University branch campus in Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
Business professor Jack Rappaport allegedly spiced up his symposium with three strippers. Students who were there say it wasn't exactly the naked truth about business.
"They were just dancing around the room," said junior Louis Halegoua. "I mean, they had clothes on and stuff."
But one of them apparently got a little too hot for the teacher.
"I don't know, just kind of laying on top of him. Not laying on top of him but straddling him. It was like a lap dance you could say," said sophomore Brad Bernardino.
And at that moment, Business School Dean Paul Brazina just happened to be passing by.
"We didn't see him. He was, like, at the door. And he was like, 'It's over,'" said Halegoua.
The students say it was supposed to be a class on business ethics. They say Rappaport charged $150 for the extra-credit symposium, and pitched it to all his classes.
"I thought he was joking, really. I never thought it was actually going to happen. But, apparently it actually happened. And now we're here," said senior Frazier Smith.
The University has issued a statement saying, in part, "Until the investigation is completed, it would be unfair to those involved to disclose any further information, let alone suspicions or allegations."
The incident has caused quite a stir on campus.
"I don't think bringing in strippers is like right for a Catholic Christian school," freshman Rachel Sweeney told Action News.
Action News spoke with Professor Rappaport at his apartment just off campus. He says he'd like to give us his side of the story, but can't comment until the university wraps up its investigation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, education, pornography, sex, college, olney, crime, david henry
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness