Police: 12 pounds of pot found in student's home
NEWARK, Del. - April 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a college student from New Jersey has been arrested after officers allegedly found approximately 12 pounds of pot in his residence near the University of Delaware.
Jarrett T. Husid, 22, of the 300 block of Province Line Road in Hopewell, has been charged with trafficking, possession and related charges after the discovery on Friday.
Officers say they executed a search warrant for Husid's home at 201 Courtney Street in Newark, Delaware.
Inside, they allegedly found a marijuana growing operation in the basement, including potting soil, growing lights and other items used to package marijuana for distribution.
The marijuana found has a street value of more than $50,000, police said.
The Newark Police Department says Husid was found to have a variety of grades/strands of marijuana all packaged for sale and there were indications that Husid also accepted delivery of marijuana from outside sources.
Husid was out of town during the search warrant but later turned himself in to authorities on Monday. He was arrested and released after posting a $32,000 cash bail.
Husid is a student at the University of Delaware studying Agriculture and Natural Resources.
A university spokesman tells the Wilmington News-Journal that Husid faces potential discipline by the Office of Student Conduct.
delaware, newark, university of delaware, new jersey, drugs, marijuana, crime
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book