Pa. dad admits punching baby, killing her
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - May 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man with a history of child abuse says he fatally beat his 8-week-old daughter because she wouldn't stop crying.
Joseph Urquia pleaded guilty to third-degree murder Thursday under an agreement with prosecutors in the death of his daughter, Joselynn, in December.
Northampton County First Deputy District Attorney Terence Houck told the court Urquia said he punched her at least twice inside their Easton apartment because he was frustrated he couldn't console her.
The girl died two days later after suffering severe head injuries.
The 21-year-old Urquia was on probation at the time for an earlier assault charge. In that case he spanked another infant daughter so hard she bruised.
Houck says he'll seek a maximum sentence of 20 to 40 years. Sentencing is set for June 9.
pennsylvania, easton, northampton county, homicide, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 41 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
40 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
41 min ago