Pa. dad admits punching baby, killing her
EASTON, Pa. (AP) - May 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man with a history of child abuse says he fatally beat his 8-week-old daughter because she wouldn't stop crying.
Joseph Urquia pleaded guilty to third-degree murder Thursday under an agreement with prosecutors in the death of his daughter, Joselynn, in December.
Northampton County First Deputy District Attorney Terence Houck told the court Urquia said he punched her at least twice inside their Easton apartment because he was frustrated he couldn't console her.
The girl died two days later after suffering severe head injuries.
The 21-year-old Urquia was on probation at the time for an earlier assault charge. In that case he spanked another infant daughter so hard she bruised.
Houck says he'll seek a maximum sentence of 20 to 40 years. Sentencing is set for June 9.
pennsylvania, easton, northampton county, homicide, crime
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 18 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later 14 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 11 min ago
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire 25 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued 28 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 31 min ago
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
18 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
11 min ago
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant...
14 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
9 min ago