Police: Officers fire after man pulls gun
PORT RICHMOND - May 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A foot pursuit ended with the shooting death of a man in Port Richmond Monday night.
The incident occurred around 8:00 p.m. on the 2000 block of East Birch Street.
Officers were chasing a man when they say he pulled a gun and pointed it at them.
Investigators tell Action News two officers fired their weapons.
The suspect staggered into a house and collapsed.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is not believed that the man lived at the home.
Police are investigating.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, port richmond, shooting, police, crime
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 38 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 3 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 26 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
3 min ago