Police: Officers fire after man pulls gun
PORT RICHMOND - May 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A foot pursuit ended with the shooting death of a man in Port Richmond Monday night.
The incident occurred around 8:00 p.m. on the 2000 block of East Birch Street.
Officers were chasing a man when they say he pulled a gun and pointed it at them.
Investigators tell Action News two officers fired their weapons.
The suspect staggered into a house and collapsed.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is not believed that the man lived at the home.
Police are investigating.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, port richmond, shooting, police, crime
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 21 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 56 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 21 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 28 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 45 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 3 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos