Large marijuana operation found in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - May 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say they have discovered a large marijuana growing operation in the city of Chester.
Officers say it began when they responded to a burglary call on Tuesday afternoon at a building at 24th and Madison streets in the city.
When they went inside, the officers said they found about 100 plants growing inside. Police say each plant was about five feet tall with 2-inch diameter stalks.
There was no immediate word on if anyone was inside.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed officers removing plants, growing lights and other materials.
pennsylvania, chester, delaware county, drugs, marijuana, crime
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance 23 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 4 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 13 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill...
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos