Student charged in school bomb threats in Dover
DOVER, Del. - May 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Dover Police say a 13-year-old middle school student has been arrested and charged for making bomb threats.
Police say one threat was happened Monday afternoon and the second was made Tuesday morning. Authorities evacuated and searched William Henry Middle School both times, but no bombs were found either time.
The student has been charged with terroristic threatening and was released Tuesday to a grandparent. It is not known if the student has an attorney.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, dover, bomb scare, crime
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 44 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 56 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'