Student charged in school bomb threats in Dover
DOVER, Del. - May 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Dover Police say a 13-year-old middle school student has been arrested and charged for making bomb threats.
Police say one threat was happened Monday afternoon and the second was made Tuesday morning. Authorities evacuated and searched William Henry Middle School both times, but no bombs were found either time.
The student has been charged with terroristic threatening and was released Tuesday to a grandparent. It is not known if the student has an attorney.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, dover, bomb scare, crime
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 23 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 3 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 19 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 21 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 17 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures