Police: Pa. man strangled live-in girlfriend
ELLWOOD CITY, Pa. - May 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania man strangled his live-in girlfriend then summoned police the following day.
Investigators say 23-year-old Keith Michael Wolfrey killed the mother of his child, 20-year-old Joie Lordi, inside the couple's Ellwood City home on Saturday. Investigators called to the scene in Lawrence County Sunday say Lordi's face was wrapped in duct tape.
Authorities say Wolfrey told police he had argued with Lordi while moving out. He told them he put his hands around her throat, but after that his memory is foggy.
Police say Wolfrey told investigators the couple's 6-month-old baby woke him up Sunday, and that Wolfrey called his mother before alerting police.
Wolfrey is being held without bail on charges of homicide and abuse of a corpse.
pennsylvania, homicide, strangling, police, crime
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 30 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 49 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 17 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 15 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Twin boys escape carjacker by screaming,...
1 min ago