Prisoner escapes from Chester hospital via helipad
CHESTER, Pa. - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for a man who escaped from a Pennsylvania hospital by jumping from a helicopter landing pad after freeing himself from handcuffs.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 20-year-old Drakkar Green had been taken into custody by Chester police following a vehicle crash. Officials say he complained of head pain and was taken to Crozer-Chester Medical Center where he was handcuffed to a hospital bed.
Investigators say Green slipped out of his cuffs and was spotted on security footage taking an elevator to the landing pad, which is located beside a road outside the building.
Authorities issued a warrant Monday for Green's arrest on escape charges.
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ