Prisoner escapes from Chester hospital via helipad
CHESTER, Pa. - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for a man who escaped from a Pennsylvania hospital by jumping from a helicopter landing pad after freeing himself from handcuffs.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 20-year-old Drakkar Green had been taken into custody by Chester police following a vehicle crash. Officials say he complained of head pain and was taken to Crozer-Chester Medical Center where he was handcuffed to a hospital bed.
Investigators say Green slipped out of his cuffs and was spotted on security footage taking an elevator to the landing pad, which is located beside a road outside the building.
Authorities issued a warrant Monday for Green's arrest on escape charges.
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases