Prisoner escapes from Chester hospital via helipad
CHESTER, Pa. - May 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for a man who escaped from a Pennsylvania hospital by jumping from a helicopter landing pad after freeing himself from handcuffs.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports 20-year-old Drakkar Green had been taken into custody by Chester police following a vehicle crash. Officials say he complained of head pain and was taken to Crozer-Chester Medical Center where he was handcuffed to a hospital bed.
Investigators say Green slipped out of his cuffs and was spotted on security footage taking an elevator to the landing pad, which is located beside a road outside the building.
Authorities issued a warrant Monday for Green's arrest on escape charges.
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 48 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 27 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 55 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 7 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
27 min ago