Arrest made in Liliana Acevedo hit and run case
JUNIATA - May 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have made an arrest in connection with a deadly hit and run.
Investigators say they have found the driver who ran into Liliana Acevedo in Juniata Park on May 1, 2010.
Liliana's family had planned a gathering to watch a boxing match that night. At about 10:40 p.m., Liliana parked her car outside the home on the 200 block of West Erie Avenue in Philadelphia's Juniata Section.
She parked her car, got out and was trying to get something from the back seat. Police say that is when 38-year-old Sylvia Lugo ran into the victim with her car, then drove off.
Lugo has been charged with vehicular homicide and driving under the influence.
At this time, there is no word on if anyone is in line to collect the $15,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
hit and run, homicide, pedestrian struck, juniata, pennsylvania, philadelphia, crime
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 23 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 39 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 44 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 50 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 59 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
39 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
44 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
1 min ago