Man gets jail for bilking clients, Little League
NORRISTOWN, Pa. - June 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia accountant who swindled clients and a youth baseball league out of $1.75 million is headed to jail.
William McKernan was sentenced Wednesday to 11½ to 23 months behind bars for embezzling money to finance a lifestyle that included vacations, private schools and strip club visits.
Prosecutors say McKernan stole $57,000 from the Lower Gwynedd Little League, including blowing money earmarked for new uniforms at a strip club.
McKernan has repaid much of the money. He apologized for his actions at Wednesday's hearing.
McKernan pleaded guilty in September to seven counts of theft by deception. He was working as Whitpain Township's treasurer at the time of his arrest but is not suspected of stealing taxpayer money.
embezzlement, fraud, montgomery county, pennsylvania, crime
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 33 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 17 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 37 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 37 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 37 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
33 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
37 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
37 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
23 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos