Love Park stabbing victim tells of ordeal
PHILADELPHIA - June 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- The victim of a stabbing attack in Philadelphia's Love Park talked exclusively to Action news Friday night.
15-year old Brianna Morrison is recovering at home in Wynnefield after sustaining wounds to her back and abdomen.
It was Wednesday night when a group of youngsters got into an altercation with a homeless woman in the park.
Brianna says she got into a tussle with the woman when she was stabbed.
"She stabbed me two times in my shoulder and two times in my abdomen," said Brianna Morrison. "Come to find out she stabbed me with scissors, the little sharp hair scissors you use at the shop. She cut me with that, and they rushed me to Hahnemann. And they did surgery on me, and the last thing the doctor said to me was 'I was a miracle,' because if I didn't have that surgery, I would have died."
The suspect in the attack remains in custody.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, surgery, stabbing, crime
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 46 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 26 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 49 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 38 min ago
- Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
17 min ago
- Firefighter adopts abused cat
34 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos