Love Park stabbing victim tells of ordeal
PHILADELPHIA - June 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- The victim of a stabbing attack in Philadelphia's Love Park talked exclusively to Action news Friday night.
15-year old Brianna Morrison is recovering at home in Wynnefield after sustaining wounds to her back and abdomen.
It was Wednesday night when a group of youngsters got into an altercation with a homeless woman in the park.
Brianna says she got into a tussle with the woman when she was stabbed.
"She stabbed me two times in my shoulder and two times in my abdomen," said Brianna Morrison. "Come to find out she stabbed me with scissors, the little sharp hair scissors you use at the shop. She cut me with that, and they rushed me to Hahnemann. And they did surgery on me, and the last thing the doctor said to me was 'I was a miracle,' because if I didn't have that surgery, I would have died."
The suspect in the attack remains in custody.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, surgery, stabbing, crime
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 39 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
39 min ago