Man shot multiple times in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the person or persons responsible for the shooting of a man late Monday night on a South Philadelphia street.
Police tell Action News that the victim was sitting in a car around 11:55 p.m. on the 800 block of McKean Street. That's when shots rang out, striking the man multiple times.
The victim managed to get out of the vehicle before someone came to his aide and rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is currently listed in critical condition.
His identity has not been released.
At this time, there is now word on suspects or a motive in the case.
shooting, south philadelphia, pa turnpike, pennsylvania, philadelphia, crime
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos