Man shot multiple times in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - June 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the person or persons responsible for the shooting of a man late Monday night on a South Philadelphia street.
Police tell Action News that the victim was sitting in a car around 11:55 p.m. on the 800 block of McKean Street. That's when shots rang out, striking the man multiple times.
The victim managed to get out of the vehicle before someone came to his aide and rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is currently listed in critical condition.
His identity has not been released.
At this time, there is now word on suspects or a motive in the case.
shooting, south philadelphia, pa turnpike, pennsylvania, philadelphia, crime
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ