Judge to rule if ex-pediatrician raped patients
GEORGETOWN, Del. - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's up to a judge to decide whether an ex-pediatrician from Delaware is guilty of raping and sexually abusing scores of his young patients.
Prosecutors presented their evidence against Earl Bradley in about four hours Tuesday. The defense presented no case and Bradley had earlier waived his right to a jury trial.
Witnesses painted the 58-year-old, gray-bearded man as a predator who covertly videotaped naked patients during exams and who raped young victims.
Judge William Carpenter Jr. did not indicate when he would deliver a verdict.
Prosecutors gave the judge hours of graphic video evidence to review, recorded by Bradley himself, documenting the abuse. The tapes show a total of 86 victims dating to 1998. All but one of them was a young girl, with an average age of three.
Associated Press writer Randall Chase contributed to this report
delaware, dr. earl bradley, call for action, child abuse, child luring, child porn, child sex assault, safety, sex assault, sex offenders, crime
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ