Judge to rule if ex-pediatrician raped patients
GEORGETOWN, Del. - June 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- It's up to a judge to decide whether an ex-pediatrician from Delaware is guilty of raping and sexually abusing scores of his young patients.
Prosecutors presented their evidence against Earl Bradley in about four hours Tuesday. The defense presented no case and Bradley had earlier waived his right to a jury trial.
Witnesses painted the 58-year-old, gray-bearded man as a predator who covertly videotaped naked patients during exams and who raped young victims.
Judge William Carpenter Jr. did not indicate when he would deliver a verdict.
Prosecutors gave the judge hours of graphic video evidence to review, recorded by Bradley himself, documenting the abuse. The tapes show a total of 86 victims dating to 1998. All but one of them was a young girl, with an average age of three.
Associated Press writer Randall Chase contributed to this report
delaware, dr. earl bradley, call for action, child abuse, child luring, child porn, child sex assault, safety, sex assault, sex offenders, crime
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 23 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather 11 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 1 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton 18 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 17 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp....
17 min ago
- Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
18 min ago
- John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton
1 min ago