Pa. man charged with homicide after standoff
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - June 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a man taken into custody after a five-hour standoff has been charged with criminal homicide in the death of his girlfriend.
Forty-five-year-old William Ward of Bethlehem was also charged Friday night with aggravated assault on law enforcement officers, recklessly endangering another person and resisting arrest.
Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim on Saturday identified the victim as 29-year-old Tricia Sadler of Bethlehem. Officers were called to the home at about 10:40 a.m. Friday to check on her welfare, and a standoff ensued until they rushed inside at about 4 p.m. Friday and arrested Ward.
The (Easton) Express-Times reported Saturday that the victim's body was found dismembered in heavy plastic bags.
Ward was being held in Lehigh County Prison; it was unclear whether he had an attorney.
pennsylvania, bethlehem, standoff, homicide, crime
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized 35 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)