Police: Pa. slaying victim feared boyfriend
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - June 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a Pennsylvania woman found dead and dismembered told a co-worker a week before her death that her boyfriend had said he'd kill her.
A police affidavit says 29-year-old Trish Sadler confided in a friend that police should be called if she doesn't show up to work because of the threat from her boyfriend, 45-year-old William Ward.
Authorities say the co-worker followed Sadler's instructions Friday when she didn't come to work for a second straight day. Police say they found Sadler's body stuffed into plastic bags following a six-hour standoff with Ward at the couple's Bethlehem home.
Investigators say Sadler had told friends Ward abused her.
Ward is charged with criminal homicide and charges related to the standoff. He's being held without bail in Lehigh County Prison.
pennsylvania, homicide, standoff, bethlehem, lehigh county, crime
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs