Police: Pa. slaying victim feared boyfriend
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - June 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a Pennsylvania woman found dead and dismembered told a co-worker a week before her death that her boyfriend had said he'd kill her.
A police affidavit says 29-year-old Trish Sadler confided in a friend that police should be called if she doesn't show up to work because of the threat from her boyfriend, 45-year-old William Ward.
Authorities say the co-worker followed Sadler's instructions Friday when she didn't come to work for a second straight day. Police say they found Sadler's body stuffed into plastic bags following a six-hour standoff with Ward at the couple's Bethlehem home.
Investigators say Sadler had told friends Ward abused her.
Ward is charged with criminal homicide and charges related to the standoff. He's being held without bail in Lehigh County Prison.
pennsylvania, homicide, standoff, bethlehem, lehigh county, crime
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 24 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 50 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
56 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
24 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
50 min ago