Man robs Holmesburg bank of $1,500
HOLMESBURG - June 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are on the lookout for a man that used a demand note to hold up a bank in the city's Holmesburg section.
The robbery happened at the Republic Bank located along the 7300 block of Frankford Avenue shortly before 6:00 p.m.
Police say the man entered and presented the note to one of the tellers.
After receiving approximately $1,500, the man fled on foot and remains at large.
He is described as a white male, approximately 5'8 with a thin build. He was wearing a plaid shirt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, holmesburg, bank robbery, crime
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 9 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
58 min ago