Man robs Holmesburg bank of $1,500
HOLMESBURG - June 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are on the lookout for a man that used a demand note to hold up a bank in the city's Holmesburg section.
The robbery happened at the Republic Bank located along the 7300 block of Frankford Avenue shortly before 6:00 p.m.
Police say the man entered and presented the note to one of the tellers.
After receiving approximately $1,500, the man fled on foot and remains at large.
He is described as a white male, approximately 5'8 with a thin build. He was wearing a plaid shirt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, holmesburg, bank robbery, crime
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 41 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
42 min ago