Trenton police detective wounds armed suspect
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - June 25, 2011 -- Trenton police say a city detective shot and wounded a suspected drug dealer after the man pointed a loaded handgun at him.
Police Director Joseph Juniak said 32-year-old Aaron Veh Carter of Trenton, was shot several times, but his wounds were not considered to be life-threatening. He was taken to Capital Regional Medical Center at Fuld Hospital, but further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
Juniak said the shooting occurred shortly before 10:30 a.m., after police saw an apparent drug deal Carter was involved in.
Carter ran off but was soon tackled by the detective, whose name was not disclosed. The detective then tried to handcuff Carter, but he escaped and ran off.
A brief chase then ensued before Carter pulled out his weapon, and the detective shot him.
new jersey, trenton, police, shooting, crime
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft 15 min ago
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 12 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 18 min ago
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death 13 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors 30 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy 58 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy...
18 min ago
- Sarah Bloomquist checks on area roads
37 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy
58 min ago
- Top surfer got her start at the Jersey shore
38 min ago