Trenton police detective wounds armed suspect
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - June 25, 2011 -- Trenton police say a city detective shot and wounded a suspected drug dealer after the man pointed a loaded handgun at him.
Police Director Joseph Juniak said 32-year-old Aaron Veh Carter of Trenton, was shot several times, but his wounds were not considered to be life-threatening. He was taken to Capital Regional Medical Center at Fuld Hospital, but further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
Juniak said the shooting occurred shortly before 10:30 a.m., after police saw an apparent drug deal Carter was involved in.
Carter ran off but was soon tackled by the detective, whose name was not disclosed. The detective then tried to handcuff Carter, but he escaped and ran off.
A brief chase then ensued before Carter pulled out his weapon, and the detective shot him.
new jersey, trenton, police, shooting, crime
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
59 min ago