Search for killer of 34 year old man
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- The search is on for the gunman who left a mother without her son, and a 7 year old girl without her father.
"My son was a good kid," says the victim's mother. "My son's still a good kid. I know he's in heaven. I know he's in heaven."
The mother of 34 year old Nafis Murray did not want her identity revealed fearing retaliation from her son's killer.
"It galls me that people can be so angry and hateful toward others. I can't imagine that. My son did not deserve this," said Nafis' mother.
On Wednesday, April 13th, Nafis Murray was gunned down around 8:30pm at York and Garnet Streets in North Philadelphia. He was shot six times in the head.
He left behind a 7 year old daughter who misses him dearly.
"She started to cry, "I want my Daddy, I want my Daddy. I want my Daddy.' That's all that child knows."
Police believe an argument led to Murrays' murder, and the wounding of an unidentified woman who was with him.
Police have told the family no one is talking because they are afraid. That's why a $5,000 reward is being offered.
Anyone with information that could help lead to an arrest and conviction are asked to call 215-546-TIPS. Calls will be anonymous.
"This could be your wife. This could be your child. This could be your mother," said Nafis' mother. "If these people do it to anybody, like they did this to my son, they will do it to you."
philadelphia, pennsylvania, homicide, crimefighters, crime
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 4 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?