Search for killer of 34 year old man
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- The search is on for the gunman who left a mother without her son, and a 7 year old girl without her father.
"My son was a good kid," says the victim's mother. "My son's still a good kid. I know he's in heaven. I know he's in heaven."
The mother of 34 year old Nafis Murray did not want her identity revealed fearing retaliation from her son's killer.
"It galls me that people can be so angry and hateful toward others. I can't imagine that. My son did not deserve this," said Nafis' mother.
On Wednesday, April 13th, Nafis Murray was gunned down around 8:30pm at York and Garnet Streets in North Philadelphia. He was shot six times in the head.
He left behind a 7 year old daughter who misses him dearly.
"She started to cry, "I want my Daddy, I want my Daddy. I want my Daddy.' That's all that child knows."
Police believe an argument led to Murrays' murder, and the wounding of an unidentified woman who was with him.
Police have told the family no one is talking because they are afraid. That's why a $5,000 reward is being offered.
Anyone with information that could help lead to an arrest and conviction are asked to call 215-546-TIPS. Calls will be anonymous.
"This could be your wife. This could be your child. This could be your mother," said Nafis' mother. "If these people do it to anybody, like they did this to my son, they will do it to you."
philadelphia, pennsylvania, homicide, crimefighters, crime
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam 35 min ago
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion