Vandals remove part of Phila. Vietnam Memorial sign
SOCIETY HILL - June 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are trying to figure out who vandalized a sign at the Philadelphia Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
The vandal ripped the word "Philadelphia" off a large sign that read, "Philadelphia Vietnam Veterans Memorial."
Police say the crime was carried out during the weekend.
The Philadelphia Vietnam Veterans Memorial is at Front and Spruce streets in the Society Hill section of the city.
Investigators are asking anyone who saw anything suspicious at the memorial, to give them a call.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, vandalism, society hill, crime
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?