Del. man charged with murder after standoff
GREENWOOD, Del. - June 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 66-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder and other offenses after police say he shot and killed a woman, fired shots at a police officer and barricaded himself inside a Sussex County home for nearly 11 hours.
Ronald Williamson of Laurel surrendered late Sunday night after lengthy talks with state police crisis negotiators.
On Sunday morning, police say Williamson went to a home in Greenwood to confront a female acquaintance. That woman fled the home, and police say Williamson confronted another woman, 55-year-old Connie Breedling, outside. Williamson allegedly shot Breedling in the head, and then fired several shots at a Greenwood police officer.
Police say Williamson then went inside the home, where he shot a man in the hand and held an elderly woman hostage for several hours.
delaware, sussex county, homicide, crime
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 1 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 7 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours 25 min ago
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's