Del. man charged with murder after standoff
GREENWOOD, Del. - June 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 66-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder and other offenses after police say he shot and killed a woman, fired shots at a police officer and barricaded himself inside a Sussex County home for nearly 11 hours.
Ronald Williamson of Laurel surrendered late Sunday night after lengthy talks with state police crisis negotiators.
On Sunday morning, police say Williamson went to a home in Greenwood to confront a female acquaintance. That woman fled the home, and police say Williamson confronted another woman, 55-year-old Connie Breedling, outside. Williamson allegedly shot Breedling in the head, and then fired several shots at a Greenwood police officer.
Police say Williamson then went inside the home, where he shot a man in the hand and held an elderly woman hostage for several hours.
delaware, sussex county, homicide, crime
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 25 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
25 min ago