Police: Pa. woman assaulted grandson over bacon
CLIFTON HEIGHTS, Pa. - June 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania woman is accused of beating her 9-year-old grandson and blasting him in the face with a garden hose because he ate too much bacon.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Marilee Ann Kolynych was arrested Tuesday.
Clifton Heights police say the 63-year-old Kolynych was angry at her grandson because she believed he ate too much bacon at breakfast and didn't leave enough for everyone else.
Police say Kolynych allegedly assaulted the boy, knocking him to the ground. Police say witnesses reported that the woman pinned him down, beat him on the legs and then sprayed him with the hose. He did not require medical attention.
Kolynych is being held on $25,000 bail. It was not clear if she had an attorney.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, delaware county, assault, crime
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 13 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 39 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine