Police: Pa. woman assaulted grandson over bacon
CLIFTON HEIGHTS, Pa. - June 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania woman is accused of beating her 9-year-old grandson and blasting him in the face with a garden hose because he ate too much bacon.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Marilee Ann Kolynych was arrested Tuesday.
Clifton Heights police say the 63-year-old Kolynych was angry at her grandson because she believed he ate too much bacon at breakfast and didn't leave enough for everyone else.
Police say Kolynych allegedly assaulted the boy, knocking him to the ground. Police say witnesses reported that the woman pinned him down, beat him on the legs and then sprayed him with the hose. He did not require medical attention.
Kolynych is being held on $25,000 bail. It was not clear if she had an attorney.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
pennsylvania, delaware county, assault, crime
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 59 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 22 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 8 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 15 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 23 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
59 min ago