Pa. couple charged in death of 4-month-old
LANCASTER, Pa. - July 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A central Pennsylvania couple is behind bars after being indicted in the death of a 4-month-old baby in 2009.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports Jose Ricardo Colon and Holly Snow Steffy, both 23, were charged Thursday with endangering the welfare of a child.
Authorities say 4-month-old Sanayah Colon had numerous injuries, including 31 rib fractures, a broken collarbone, a fractured vertebrae and a scarred liver when she died in October 2009.
The newspaper reports Steffy was the child's mother.
Jose Colon and Steffy are each being held on $1 million bail. It was not clear if they had retained lawyers.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era
pennsylvania, lancaster county, baby death, crime
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 39 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 58 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 51 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
39 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
37 min ago