Pa. couple charged in death of 4-month-old
LANCASTER, Pa. - July 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A central Pennsylvania couple is behind bars after being indicted in the death of a 4-month-old baby in 2009.
The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports Jose Ricardo Colon and Holly Snow Steffy, both 23, were charged Thursday with endangering the welfare of a child.
Authorities say 4-month-old Sanayah Colon had numerous injuries, including 31 rib fractures, a broken collarbone, a fractured vertebrae and a scarred liver when she died in October 2009.
The newspaper reports Steffy was the child's mother.
Jose Colon and Steffy are each being held on $1 million bail. It was not clear if they had retained lawyers.
Information from: Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era
pennsylvania, lancaster county, baby death, crime
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 37 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 39 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 48 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 38 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
37 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
39 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
48 min ago