Cab driver found dead after Phila. crash
UNIVERSITY CITY - July 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- A cab driver is dead after a crash in Philadelphia and police no longer consider the case to be a hit-and-run.
The crash happened around 5:30 a.m. in the area of 37th and Chestnut in the University City section of Philadelphia.
Investigators say the cab swerved from the middle land to the left lane, hitting two other cars before striking a pole on the sidewalk. The 64-year-old cab driver was pronounced dead at the hospital shortly after 6:00 a.m.
Police now believe the cab driver suffered a medical emergency prior to the accident. Investigators on the scene had said earlier on Tuesday that the case may have been a hit-and-run, but later discounted that possibility.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, university city, hit and run, crime
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 59 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 56 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 54 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 50 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 55 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 49 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
54 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
56 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
59 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
52 min ago