Woman sought in Phila. bank robbery
WEST KENSINGTON - July 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman is being sought in connection with a holdup at a West Kensington bank.
It happened around 3:51 p.m. at the Beneficial Bank located at 826 East Allegheny Avenue.
Police say the suspect presented a demand note to one of the tellers.
After receiving an undetermined amount of cash, the woman fled the scene on foot.
She is described as a Hispanic woman about 5'6 to 5'8 tall with a ponytail. She was wearing a white T-shirt, black Capri pants, sandals, earrings and a bracelet or band on her right wrist.
She may have dye stains on her skin and clothing.
No injuries were reported.
Police say the suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about this suspect is asked to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department. There may be a reward for information leading to this subject's capture, and tipsters can remain anonymous.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west kensington, robbery, crime
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 33 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 43 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 50 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
1 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
43 min ago