Man charged in death of woman found in Pa. unit
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - July 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged with criminal homicide in the death of a woman whose body was found in the basement of a central Pennsylvania home.
Authorities say 26-year-old Pablo Ansurez Sanchez was one of several people inside the Lancaster apartment when police were called early Friday.
An officer found the body of the woman in the basement, where authorities allege Sanchez and the victim got into an argument and he ended up choking her.
Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Stephen Diamantoni says an autopsy will be done Monday.
District Attorney Craig Stedman says the victim has not yet been identified.
Sanchez was arraigned and taken to Lancaster County Prison without bail. A listed number for him could not be found Saturday and it was unclear whether he had an attorney.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, body found, crime
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 7 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 19 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 4 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 24 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
19 min ago