Man charged in death of woman found in Pa. unit
LANCASTER, Pa. (AP) - July 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged with criminal homicide in the death of a woman whose body was found in the basement of a central Pennsylvania home.
Authorities say 26-year-old Pablo Ansurez Sanchez was one of several people inside the Lancaster apartment when police were called early Friday.
An officer found the body of the woman in the basement, where authorities allege Sanchez and the victim got into an argument and he ended up choking her.
Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Stephen Diamantoni says an autopsy will be done Monday.
District Attorney Craig Stedman says the victim has not yet been identified.
Sanchez was arraigned and taken to Lancaster County Prison without bail. A listed number for him could not be found Saturday and it was unclear whether he had an attorney.
pennsylvania, lancaster county, body found, crime
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport 10 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 16 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends 28 min ago