Camden police seek help in 3 year old murder
CAMDEN, N.J. - July 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- He was the 16th murder victim in Camden in 2008, and police have not forgotten about him. They are asking for your help to break this unsolved case.
The Action Cam was on the scene on that deadly Sunday morning of February 17, 2008.
It was 10:00am when 35 year old Jerry McKenzie was gunned down for no apparent reason in broad daylight at the intersection of Haddon and Lansdown Avenues in Camden.
Three and a half years later, and the murder scene hasn't changed very much. In certain places you can still see a bullet hole or two in the wall.
The investigators returned to the scene recently hoping to jog memories.
"We're asking for the public's help to see if anybody else in this area may remember something and feel confident now that they're safe and come forward with new information in this investigation," says James Pisano of the Camden County Prosecutor's Office.
And to help get those phones ringing, the Citizens Crime Commission is putting up a $1,000 reward. The number to call with information is 215-546-TIPS.
The case is near and dear to the heart of Investigator James Pisano. He stays in constant contact with Jerry McKenzie's grieving mother.
"She and I speak regularly, and her heart is just as broken today as it was the day that I, unfortunately, had to speak with her about his passing," said Pisano. "So obviously she would be very grateful to anybody that would come forward with anything now matter how insignificant they think the information is."
new jersey, camden, homicide, crimefighters, crime, rick williams
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes