Arrest made in Ben Franklin Bridge attacks
BEN FRANKLIN BRIDGE - July 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Camden County authorities made an arrest Wednesday in connection with a pair of assaults on the Ben Franklin Bridge earlier this week.
47-year-old Joseph Haskins of Blackwood, New Jersey has been charged with Sexual Assault.
The first attack occurred at about 4:30 p.m. on Monday when Haskins allegedly attacked a woman jogging on the bridge's walkway and sexually assaulted her.
Haskins was arrested after law enforcement received reports of a man groping a woman on the bridge walkway at about 7:00 a.m. Wednesday. In that instance, the victim simply kept moving and was not assaulted. Police do not know the identity of the second victim. However other pedestrians on the bridge reported the incident.
DRPA officers responded, found Haskins still on the bridge walkway and took him into custody.
After the arrest, Monday's victim identified the defendant as the person who attacked her.
Anyone with information on other similar incidents that may have involved this defendant is urged to contact the Camden County Prosecutor's at (856) 225-8400.
DRPA, ben franklin bridge, sex assault, assault, camden, camden county, philadelphia, crime
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish